Note: We recommend inserting 0s for any unsubmitted assignment for students that should be counted as missing and factored into their final grade. You can do this by using the "Set Default Grade" option in the gradebook for each assignment through the steps here. If you leave the "Overwrite already-entered grades" box unchecked you can input "0" to change any ungraded student entries to 0s.
Here's how to download a file from Canvas and upload it to eGrades:
1. Log in to Canvas and enter your course.
2. Click on Settings from the course navigation menu.
3. Scroll down to Grading Scheme and select the checkbox for "Enable course grading scheme". Then, click View/Edit.
4. Review the grade ranges to ensure they match your syllabus. If you need to make changes to the grading scheme, click the pages icon in the top right corner:
5. Enter a grading scheme name, modify the ranges according to your syllabus, and click Save.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update Course Details.
7. Next, Click Grades from the course navigation menu.
8. At the top right, click Export > Export Entire Gradebook. A spreadsheet will be downloaded on your computer
9. The spreadsheet will contain many columns of grades; eGrades will use the "Final Grade" column as the student's final course grade. To prepare the export for upload to eGrades delete all columns after column F except the "Final Grade" column. Be sure to save the file as a CSV (.csv, Comma Separated Values).
10. Navigate to eGrades to import the grades. From the eGrades screen where you would normally input course grades manually, click Import Grades.
11. Click Import Canvas File.
12. Click Choose File and select the file you exported in step 7. Click Import Grades to proceed with the import and grade review process.