What is Canva?
Canva is a free-to-use online graphic design tool. Use it to create social media posts, presentations, posters, videos, logos and more.
Department of Letters and Science Divisional Canva Accounts:
LSIT is offering access to Stock Photos/Videos, and Standard templates through Canva's enterprise Services. If you would like to use Canva’s templates for creating UCSB-branded digital media such as social media posts, flyers or digital banners, you will need to request access for one of 4 Divisional Canva accounts:
- Division of Mathematical, Life, and Physical Sciences (MLPS)
- Division of Social Sciences (SS)
- Division of Humanities and Fine Arts (HFA)
- College of Letters & Science General Account (LTSC)
Access may be requested at: email@example.com
Please specify which account you would like to access. If you’re not sure, let us know and we can choose one for you.
How can I use LSIT's Divisional Canva Accounts?
You can use LSIT's divisional accounts with either of the two access types:
- Access to share UCSB templates to your department or personal Canva account
- Best for departments that frequently use Canva or release digital media and need quick access to UCSB-branded templates
- The loan period for this access type is 1-2 Business Days
- Temporary loan period to your divisional Canva account to create and distribute digital media
- Best for departments that infrequently use Canva, or need to prepare digital media for a one-time event -or- you would like to access UCSBs stock photo and video library for your design
- The loan period maximum for this access type is 14 Business Days
Regardless of your access type, divisional Canva accounts may only be loaned out to one person at a time, which may result in a short waiting period before your access is provisioned. Please account for this in your marketing strategies.
Sharing UCSB Templates to your Department or Personal Canva Account:
This short-term access is meant for departments who already have active Canva accounts and want to save UCSB-branded templates (social media posts, banners, flyers, etc.) to their existing accounts for repeated and/or later use.
Check-out periods for this type of access is 1-2 Business Days
Please note: sharing templates from your Division Account to your department or personal account will not give you access to UCSB’s stock photo or video library in Canva (however, a wide selection of UCSB stock photos can be found at https://ucsbdam.webdamdb.com/)
- Submit a ticket to the Campus Office of Software Licensing (firstname.lastname@example.org) you will receive your divisional account’s username and temporary password.
- This type of access may only last for 1-2 business days
- Go to https://www.canva.com/login
- Under Log in to your Account, select continue with email
- Enter your Canva Divisional Account email, click continue
- Enter the password provided to you, then Select Log in
- Once logged in you will see the Canva home page
- On the side bar, select UC Santa Barbara under Team
- This will bring you to UCSB’s template and design library.
- Select your templates either from the Design tab, Folders tab, or Templates tab under the UC Santa Barbara banner.
- Once you’ve chosen a template, select Use this template in the template preview page.
- In the template editing page, select File in the top right, and select Make a copy.
- (This will create a personal instance of this template that will allow you to share it with your Department or) Personal Account
- You may also change the name of this template in this sub menu
- Once a copy is made, this template will open in a new tab. Verify that you are using your copy of the template by viewing the name of the design on the top right. Once verified, select Share
- In the share options menu, ensure that anyone with the link is selected before entering your department’s Canva Account email.
- (this allows you to share this template from your account)
- Enter your Department or Personal Canva Account email address and select Send
- Log out of your divisional Canva account
- (This is important to free up the license for other individuals to access)
- You will receive an email at the email address you entered to access this template.
- View this invitation email message and select Open in Canva
- You will now be able to access and edit UC Santa Barbara’s Canva template in your department or personal Canva account.
- This template is now part of your personal/department account, and may be reused or accessed later for other projects
- You may select as many templates as you want to share with your personal/department account within your loan period
Temporary loan period to access Canva for creating and distributing digital media:
This longer-term access is meant for departments who would like to explore Canva or who have a single project they would like to complete on the platform using UCSB-branded templates and materials.
Check-out periods for this type of access is a maximum of 14 business days.
To do this simply send an email to email@example.com to request this access and your account username and temporary password will be sent to you.
Please note: the password will be changed after the loan period has ended and you will need to resubmit an access request to get back into the account.