Google Assignments allow seamless integration of Google Drive with Canvas for submitting and grading assignments.
This article walks through how to:
- Add Google Assignments to a Canvas Course
- Grading and Returning Google Assignments
- Self-Guided Resources on how to use Google Assignments
1. From the Assignments tab, click on the Google Assignment you want to grade.
2. This will open up the external Google Assignment page. Here, you can (optionally) update Google Assignment Settings including the total points, due date, or add a rubric. Click on a submission to grade.
3. Enter the grade and any feedback on the right hand side. Click the ">" arrow at the top to move to the next student's assignment.
4. Grades will sync to the Canvas gradebook once you return the assignment to students. There are two ways to return an assignment to students after grading:
- Google Assignment homepage: Check the box next to the student(s) you wish to return, and click Return.
- Individual Assignment Page: After grading the individual student assignments, click Return in the top right hand corner.