This article will go over Canvas User settings and preferences. These can be found by clicking Account in the Global Navigation Menu.
In the Notifications tab you will see the various notifications that are available to be notified about. To set your specific notification settings for each notification type click on the calendar or bell icon below the notification method you would like to change.You can set your notification settings for each notification option to the following:
- Notify immediately
- Daily summary: Notifications are sent around 6pm
- Weekly summary: Notifications are sent between 11pm Friday and 1am Saturday
- Notifications off
|Due Date||Weekly Summary|
|Grading Policies||Weekly Summary|
|Course Content||No Notifications|
|Announcement Created By You||No Notifications|
|All Submissions||No Notifications|
|Late Grading||Daily Summary|
|Submission Comment||Daily Summary|
|Blueprint Sync||Daily Summary|
|New Topic||No Notifications|
|New Reply||Daily Summary|
|Added To Conversation||Immediately|
|Conversations Created By Me||No Notifications|
|Student Appointment Signups||No Notifications|
|Membership Update||Daily Summary|
|Administrative Notifications||Daily Summary|
|Content Link Error||Daily Summary|
1. To edit or change your profile picture mouse over the profile picture in the top left and click on the pencil icon and follow the steps to upload or edit your profile picture.
2. In the Biography section you can enter personal information that you would like to share with other course members.
3. Input any external links to personal websites you would like other course members to access.
There a five announcement types, Information, Error, Warning, Question, and Calendar.
- Error - A red announcement with an exclamation icon indicates an error announcement type.
- Warning - An orange announcement with an exclamation icon indicates a warning announcement type.
- Question - A blue announcement with a question icon indicates a question announcement type.
- Calendar - A blue announcement with a calendar icon indicates a calendar announcement type.
Global Announcements are set to be shown from a start date and time until a set end date and time. Global Announcement that are currently active will be shown under the "Current" tab.