To ensure that your Zoom sessions are successfully recorded, consider the following:
- Make sure that you have enough free space for your recording. Video recording uses about 200MB of storage per hour.
- You may need to delete old files to free up space for your recorded videos.
- Mobile devices will likely not have enough space to record Zoom videos. UCSB has a limited number of Zoom Cloud recording licenses which may be requested Please request a cloud recording license here.
- Do not interrupt Zoom while it is processing your recording. After the meeting has ended, Zoom will process the recording, indicating the percent complete on a progress bar.
- The Zoom app dashboard needs to remain open for your recording to finish processing. While your video is processing, do not enter another meeting, quit Zoom, disconnect from the internet, or power down your computer. This may corrupt your file.
- Video processing time will vary depending on how fast your computer is, how many things you have running on your computer, and how long your meeting was.
Just getting started? view our Zoom Self-Guided Video Training