Materials from a Summer 2015 - Fall 2021 course site can be copied to a Winter 2022 Course. This is done through a new Restore archive block.
Note, In order to copy materials, you will need either an Instructor or Editing TA role in both the course you want to copy materials from and the course you want to copy materials to.
To import materials from a 2022 course to a Winter 2022 course and beyond, follow these instructions here: How do I import materials from another GauchoSpace course site?
The Restore archive block will copy all materials from a previous course site into the current quarter's course site.
- Be sure that your Winter 2022 course site is created. Click on the Winter 2022 course site where you want the materials to appear. Generally, this is the new course site that is empty.
- If the course uses a Course Format different than the Collapsed Week default (such as Tiles or Topics), it is best to update the new course to the new format first. This ensures tile images and blocks are copied as expected.
- Click Turn Editing On.
- Scroll down to find the Restore archive block on the right:
- Select the radio button next to the course you would like to copy materials from.
- If you do not see ANY courses in the block, please refresh/re-load your web browser.
- If you do not see the specific course you want from Summer 2015 - Fall 2021, ensure that you are added to it with either the Instructor or Editing TA role. Then, click Refresh course list to update your course listings.
- Click Restore Selected Course Materials into this course.
- The restore process will begin and may take several minutes to finish.
- After a few minutes, refresh the page. The materials from the old course should now appear in your new course.
- Instructor-added External Tools will need to be re-added with the consumer key and secret.
- We recommend checking any External Tool (such as Nectir, EliReview, Gradescope, i>Clicker Cloud, Zoom LTI, etc) to ensure they transferred over as expected. If something does not look correct, please reach out to us at email@example.com
- You may wish to use the Mass Actions Block to quickly move or delete materials.
The Restore archive block copies all materials to the new course. If you wish to do a partial import (copy only some materials to a new course), please:
- Request a sandbox site in Pelican through these steps here: Gauchospace Project Sites.
- Restore the entire course to the newly created Pelican sandbox site following the steps above for "Copy Materials to new Winter 2022 Course Site" (using the Restore archive block).
- Once all materials are restored to the Pelican sandbox site, follow these steps to select which materials to import to your Winter 2022 course site.
Restoring a course will carry over all the past dates. GauchoSpace has a feature called Dates Report that will allow you to easily change due dates and cut-off dates all at once. The instructions below describe how to use the Dates Report feature.
- From your course home page, select the Reports menu in the Administration block. Then click Dates.
- From this screen, you can edit start dates, due dates, submissions dates, etc. for all of your course activities at once. Click the Save Changes button at the top or bottom of the page to save the adjusted dates.
- You can also use the Activity Type filter at the top of the page to show only one type of Activity/Resource at a time.