Effective June 21, 2021
RegisterBlast is a platform run by the Testing Center at UCSB and is integrated into GauchoSpace. Instructors can add the RegisterBlast activity and students can sign up for exam accommodations directly from GauchoSpace. The steps to use RegisterBlast are:
1. Instructors add RegisterBlast activity to GauchoSpace Course
2. Instructors create exams in RegisterBlast
3. Students sign up for exam accommodations from GauchoSpace link.
Question about RegisterBlast or the Testing Center can be directed to email@example.com.
1. Log in to GauchoSpace and open the course you would like to add RegisterBlast to.
2. Turn Editing on and click on “Add an activity or resource” in the desired section of the course to place the RegisterBlast link.
3. Select the “All” tab from the Activity chooser.
4. Select the RegisterBlast tool.
5. Give the activity the name “DSP Exam Accommodations” and then click on “Save and return to course”.
You will now want to create your exam in RegisterBlast. Instructions to do so can be found here.
Students can sign up for exams in RegisterBlast for their course through the following steps. Note that the following steps require that the instructor has added the RegisterBlast activity to their GauchoSpace site.
1. Open the course site in GauchoSpace.
2. Click on "This course" at the top of the page and select "External tools".
3. Select "RegisterBlast"
4. Choose the exam that you woud like to schedule.
5. Click the Select a Date For Your Exam field to choose an available testing date from the calendar. Click the Choose a Time field to select an available testing time.
6. Complete the personal information for the person who will be taking the test and any additional required information then click "Add to Cart".
7. If you have completed all necessary registrations, click Complete Registration (no payment is needed).