We know that some people are thinking about alternative editing solutions to Gauchocast's built-in video editor. While it may not be the best existing video editing solution, we believe it is the best solution for UCSB course videos. Here are what we feel are the most persuasive reasons for using GauchoCast's built-in editor.
- All sessions uploaded to GauchoCast, whether recorded through the Panopto application or uploaded from an external video file (.mp4), can be edited through the GauchoCast Video Editor.
- Sessions are edited online, which means your editing progress is automatically saved to the cloud and your work can be accessed and resumed from any computer at any time.
- Using the GauchoCast Editor will also save you time (and money) from downloading 3rd party video editing software, which could be comprised of complex user interfaces and steep learning curves.
- Editing through GauchoCast will preserve the metadata embedded within sessions recorded through Panopto, such as the slideshow indexes and timestamps.
- Our team is here to assist you with your GauchoCast editing questions and help you to find solutions. Have a question you can't get answered from our articles? Create a help ticket by an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an overview of all other FAQs, please visit the FAQ Help Center.