This article is part of the GauchoCast Editing Series. For more editing topics, please visit the GauchoCast Editing Overview page. Instructions on how to embed a YouTube video are detailed below with screenshots. Alternatively, you may watch the following tutorial video from Panopto: Embedding a YouTube Video.
Using the Video Editor, you can embed a whole YouTube video or a portion of a YouTube video into your GauchoCast session.
Embed a YouTube Video
- Launch the Video Editor for a session.
- Within the timeline, place the red marker at the position you would like the YouTube video to start.
- Once the red marker is placed, click on the "Add Content" button (plus icon) and select "Add a YouTube Video".
- A new window will appear above the timeline that will allow you to configure the details of the embedded YouTube video.
- Link - Copy & paste the URL link of the YouTube video you wish to embed in this section.
- Time - Timestamp (h:mm:ss.s) at which the embedded YouTube video will begin playing. It will initially display the time where the red marker was positioned.
- Start - Designate the start time of the embedded YouTube video. Leave blank if you want the YouTube clip to play from the beginning.
- End - Designate the end time of the embedded YouTube video. Leave blank if you want the YouTube clip to play to the end.
- Show YouTube Controls - When checked, the video controls will appear for the YouTube video when the mouse hovers over the video player.
- Autoplay - When checked, the embedded YouTube video will automatically play when reached in the GauchoCast session. If left unchecked, the GauchoCast session will pause and will require the user to click play to begin the YouTube video.
- You can also embed a YouTube video through the "Contents" tab on the Video Editor. Click on the YouTube icon to insert a video. It will open the same YouTube configuration page.