UCSB users have various online identities and occasionally various emails (@umail.ucsb.edu, @dept.ucsb.edu and/or @ucsb.edu). This can make assigning breakout rooms with a .csv file problematic as you must have the accurate email address. An alternative method to .csv is using the Web-portal to assign UCSB users to breakout rooms.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Meetings and select the meeting you would like to add breakout rooms to. Or, create a new meeting
- In the Meeting Options section, select Breakout Room pre-assign and click Create Rooms.
- Click the plus icon beside Rooms to add breakout rooms.
- Hover over the default breakout room name and click the pencil icon to rename it.
- In the Add participants text box, search for participants' name or email address to add them to the breakout room.
- Use these options to edit your breakout rooms and participants:
- Click and drag a participant's email address to change the order.
- Hover over a participant's name to see options to move them to another room or remove them from the current room.
- To delete a breakout room, hover the room name in the left panel and click the trash bin icon.
- Click Save.
Your breakout rooms have been pre-assigned. When you open breakout rooms during your meeting, participants will be prompted to enter the appropriate room.