Affiliation records linking a Contact (e.g., instructor) to a Department and are very important in order for most of the programmed logic regarding Curriculum Plans to work including, sharing and general functioning of Departmental Annual Workloads.
Step by Step Editing Instructions
Once logged into the system:
- Click on People Management, then Affiliations from the top, navigation options.
- Ensure that the list view is "All" (it defaults to "Recently Viewed", click on the small arrow on the top, left to change views)
- Review the Affiliation records.
- Modify existing records by clicking on the "Affiliation Key" (e.g., AF-000001, etc)
- or, click on New at the top, right and edit the following fields:
- Organization: the academic department you are linking a Contact to
- Contact: Begin typing the name of a desired person and select from the lookup results (email email@example.com with the details of the person you seek is not available. If they do not have an active appointment, please provide the details of when that will begin).
- Role: Faculty, Employee, etc
- Title Code: not required, but it will be beneficial for reporting later to insert this now.
- Require Workload: also not required, but helpful for reporting later
- ...all other fields are optional and based on whether or not they will help you
- Click Save when you are done