You will use Employee Status records within a Curriculum Plan to record instructor employment statuses like retirement, sabbaticals. You can also use these to link to Workload Credits and funding requests pertaining to these statuses.
Once logged in to system:
- Open your Curriculum Plan
- Click on the Related tab (middle of the page, below Curriculum Plan Template)
- Scroll down to Employee Statuses
- Click New button in the top right of the Employee Statuses box
- Fill out the following fields:
- Faculty Name - select the faculty member
- Type of Status Change - (e.g., Retirement, Sabbatical, Release, etc)
- Release Type - (based on the Type of Status Change field above complete the course release by type and quarter)
- Workload Credit Amount (e.g., for one quarter of sabbatical, you would enter 1 in this field)
- Description - (if necessary)
- Funding Request Amount - (if necessary)
- Quarter - (the quarter of this employee status change)
- Click Save
Example: If your department workload is 4, you would enter course offerings 1 through 3 for the instructor, follow directions 1 through 10 above, and then your instructor will have a workload of 4 (three classes and one sabbatical/leave).