PART 1: Add Zoom LTI Pro to GauchoSpace
In the activity settings, the Zoom Pro LTI activity will appear as an external tool. Zoom Pro LTI is an external tool hosted by Zoom, credentials are authenticated through your GauchoSpace login to provide you a birds-eye view of Zoom.
- Navigate to your course page and then click "Turn editing on."
- Go to the general announcements section or week section and click the "Add an activity or resource" link on the bottom right of the section.
- From the activity and resource list, select Zoom LTI Pro. Note: you may have to switch from the "Recommended" view to "All" in order to access the whole list.
- Provide a descriptive activity name. Keep in mind, all Zoom sessions for this course will appear here. This is all that is necessary in GauchoSpace.
- Click "save and display." Then move on to Part 2 to set up your meetings through the Zoom interface.
PART 2: Scheduling meetings in GauchoSpace through Zoom LTI Pro
Note: You may see all or some of your upcoming meetings in the activity window because you are logged into your Zoom account. Students will only see meetings you schedule for this course in particular. Click the check box next to "Show my course meetings only" to filter meetings that are only related to the course.
- Click the blue "Schedule a New Meeting" button to begin scheduling!
- Give your Zoom sessions a descriptive name under “Topic.”
- Specify the date, time, timezone and duration of the meeting. If you would like the meeting to be recurring, start with the date, time, and duration of the initial meeting, then click the check box next to "Recurring meeting".
- If you check the "Recurring meeting" box, a menu will appear where you can set the frequency of the meeting and the end date.
- The Alternative Host field designates individuals who can start and run a meeting on your behalf. These users can have full Zoom Meeting Host privileges. If you schedule a meeting through Zoom LTI Pro, the Alternative Host field box will be locked from editing. By design, TAs will automatically receive Alternative Host status. When you schedule a new meeting, TAs will receive an email notifying them of their Alternative Host status, alongside a link to start the meeting.
- Note: In order for a course TA to be automatically designated as an Alternative Host, they must be assigned as a TA for the GauchoSpace course site and then click and access the Zoom LTI Pro portal link at least once. For more information, click here.
- When you are finished configuring the remainder of the meeting settings, click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
- A summary of your meeting details will appear. You may add your scheduled Zoom meetings to your Google, Outlook, or Yahoo calendars by clicking one of the three options next to "Add to".
- If you have scheduled meetings previous to creating the Zoom LTI Pro activity, you can import them by expanding the menu on the right side of the Zoom window with three vertical dots, then click "Import meeting". You will need the meeting ID number of the meeting you would like to import.
10. Enter the meeting ID of the meeting you would like to import, then click the "Import" button.
11. If you need to change the timezone of the meeting you can do so by clicking the small pencil icon next to "Your current Time Zone..."
Launching a Meeting
- Navigate to your Course GauchoSpace page
- Click on the Zoom LTI Pro Meeting link you added
- This will take you to your scheduled meetings for this activity. Note that the "Upcoming Meetings" tab will be the default view. Here you can start your scheduled meeting by pressing the "Start" button next to the proper upcoming meeting
- If you need to delete meetings, you can do so here by pressing the "Delete" button next to the meeting.
still have questions? Contact email@example.com