Panopto: Creating A Recording
Before you can start a recording on Panopto,
To create a recording:
- Launch Panopto and sign in.
- Click on the folder drop down list to select the location you would like to save your recording in.
- If you select a course folder, completed recordings will immediately become available to students via the GauchoCast block on GauchoSpace.
- If you select My Folder, it will be saved to your private folder where you can preview or edit the recording before you make it available to others.
- You can title your recording by entering a name in the Session/Name text field.
- Select your audio and video sources.
- Select a video option for your Primary source (1). Unless you have an external webcam or document camera, the default primary video source will be your built-in webcam. You can choose not to include a webcam feed (“talking head”) in your recording.
- Select an audio option for your Primary source (2). Unless you have an external microphone or headset, the default primary audio source will be set to your built-in microphone.
*** You should see the VU meter respond to sound if audio is working properly ***
- If you have a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation, make sure to select either the Record PPT or Record Keynote checkbox (3). This will capture slide metadata and will allow students to index through the video recording using keyword searches.
- Add the “built-in display” (or “main screen”) as your Secondary Source (4). This will capture your computer’s display, whether you are navigating a slideshow, clicking through a website, or playing back a video clip.
- If you are playing a video or audio clip from your computer, make sure to enable Capture Computer Audio (5).
- If you include animations, transitions, clips, or annotations in your lecture slides, please make sure to capture your built-in display in addition to “Record PowerPoint/Keynote.” Moving elements will not be captured in the recording if you do not set your built-in display as a source.
For additional help, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org