H5P is an interactive course content creation tool that is integrated into Gauchospace. This tool allows you to create multiple types of multimedia content (e.g. interactive videos, course presentations, accordion-style displayed content, image hotspots, image juxtaposition, timelines, among others) and learning activities (e.g. fill in the blanks; essays; drag and drop; drag the words; find the hotspots; image pairing; flashcards; find the words; guess the answer; questionnaire; quiz (question set); multiple-choice, among others). H5P activities can pass their grades to the gradebook.
In order to create interactive content using H5P, you will need to follow the next steps:
1. Activate the "editing mode" on the course menu
2. Go to the week where you want to add the content and click on "Add an activity or resource"
3. Go to the "All" tab and click on H5P.
4. On the next page, you will be asked to give the content a title and write a description of the interactive content (optional). After giving the content a title, upload an existing H5P package or click on "content bank" to open a new window where you can create your own content within GauchoSpace.
Note: For more detailed information of how to create or add different types of H5P interactive content to Gauchospace, check the other menu options in this article.
H5P provides you the option to create engaging HTML5-based course presentations. This presentation allows you to add different properties to course content such as multiple-choice questions, fill in the blanks, text, and others.
Here is an example of how an H5P course presentation would look like (if the presentation does not load, click on the options displayed on gray bar ["reuse", "Rights of use", "Embed"] to load it):
NOTE: To create your own course presentation on H5P, check this tutorial.
H5P provides you the option to create engaging HTML5-based interactive videos. This type of content allows users to add multiple choice and fill in the blank questions, pop-up text, and other types of interactions to their videos.
Here is an example of how an H5P interactive video would look like:
NOTE: To create your own interactive video on H5P, check this tutorial.
H5P provides you the option to create many other types of engaging HTML5-based interactive content. Some of these are listed below:
Branching scenario: this content type allows users to create dilemmas, self-paced learning scenarios, and other types of adaptive learning. The branching scenario's content can be video-based or based on a large selection of other H5P content types. For more information click here, for a tutorial click here
Image Juxtaposition: This content type allows users to compare two images interactively (e.g. comparing "before" and "after" pictures). For more information click here.
Guess the Answer: This content type allows users to create challenges where the students need to guess an answer based on an image. For more information click here.
Find the Hotspot: This content type allows users to create an image-based test where the learner is to find the correct spot on an image. For more information click here.
Find Multiple Hotspot: This content type allows users to create an image-based test where the learner is to find the correct spots on an image. For more information click here.
The H5P platform (website) offers an intuitive user interface that makes the content creation process familiar and easy. In order to create content on the H5P website, you will need to create an account, to do so follow the next steps:
1. Go to the H5P website and click on the "create free account" link on the upper-right side of the screen.
2. Fill up the new user form and then click on the "create new account" pink button below of the form.
3. You will see the following screen once you have completed the creation of a new user.
4. Now you are all set to start creating interactive content within the H5P platform/website.
Once you have created an interactive content on H5P, you can export it and import it to Gauchospace. To do so, follow the next steps:
H5P interactive content/activities allow students to try them many times. Gauchospace gradebook will reflect the grade from students' most recent attempt.