Accessing and Using Annotation Tools in Zoom: iOS
Annotating on a shared screen
Note: You cannot annotate when sharing your entire screen into the meeting via iOS device. If you need to annotate when sharing an entire iOS screen, see sharing iOS Applications.
- Start sharing your screen.
- Tap the pen icon on your screen.
This will open the annotation tools.
- Tap the pen icon again to close the annotation tools.
The annotation tools available are dependent on whether you are on an iPad or iPhone.
- Pencil icon: Show or hide annotation tools.
- Spotlight: Display a red dot on the shared screen at all times. Use this point out parts of the screen to other participants.
- Pen: Draw with a pen.
- Highlighter: Tap and drag to highlight parts of the screen.
- Line (iPad only): Tap and drag to draw a line.
- Arrow (iPad only): Tap and drag to draw an arrow.
- Rectangle (iPad only): Tap and drag to draw a rectangle.
- Oval (iPad only): Tap and drag to draw an oval.
- Text (iPad only): Type text on the shared screen.
- Color: Change the color and line width of your annotations.
- Eraser: Tap on your annotations to remove them.
- Undo (iPad only): Remove your last changes.
- Redo (iPad only): Add the annotations you previously removed.
- Clear: Clear your own annotations.
Tap the pencil icon to hide annotation tools, then tap More in the screen share controls for these annotation settings:
- Allow/Disable participants annotation: Allow or prevent the participants from annotating on your shared screen.
- Show/Hide Names of Annotators: Show or hide the participants' name when they are annotating on a screen share. If set to show, the participant's name will briefly display beside their annotation.
Annotation tools (whiteboard)
If you started sharing a whiteboard, you will see the following annotation tools:
- Close icon: Hide the annotation tools. Tap the blue pencil icon to display annotation tools again.
- Undo icon: Remove your last changes.
- Redo icon: Add the annotations you previously removed.
- Pen icon: Draw with a pen.
- Eraser icon: Tap on your annotations to remove them.
- Color icon: Change the color and line width of your annotations.
- Spotlight icon (tap the arrow to display this tool on tablet): Display a red dot on the shared screen at all times. Use this point out parts of the screen to other participants.
- Trash bin icon: Display options to clear annotations.
- More icon (...): Display the following options.
- Smart Recognition: Tap the toggle to enable or disable smart recognition drawing. If enabled, Zoom will smooth out your lines and auto-convert drawings to shapes immediately after you draw.
- Save to Album: Download an image of your whiteboard to your device.
- New Whiteboard (displays on the main toolbar if using a tablet in landscape mode): Add a new whiteboard page. After adding a page, tap View all Whiteboards or the pages icon to see view and delete pages.