Contrary to other quiz questions, Essay questions need to be graded manually. In order to do so, we recommend following the next steps:
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- Click on the quiz you wish to grade.
- Once inside the quiz, find the Quiz administration block on the right hand side. Click Results > Manual Grading.
4. You will see all of the essay questions. To grade all the essay responses for a particular question, click grade all:
5. On the next screen, you will be able to see the responses of each student to the essay questions. In order to grade each question, click Make comment or override points
6. In the following window, you will be able to give written feedback to the essay and assign its respective points. Do not forget to save the feedback at the bottom of the page.
Note: If you allowed students to attach a file as a response, the attached file will be displayed as in the picture below.
To allow instructors and TAs to sort quizzes by section, you'll want to turn on group mode in the Common Module Settings of the Quiz. In order to do so,
1. Go to Edit Settings and scroll down to the Common Module Settings tab
2. For Group mode, select "separate groups" from the drop-down menu.
3. For Grouping, select "sections" and then hit save.