Sometimes students will provide a reasonable answer to a "Missing Word" or "Short Answer" question type that was not anticipated when setting up the quiz, however these questions are automatically graded by quiz. Usually, you can edit the possible answers and have the Quiz recalculate all grades. In some cases, you may want to override points awarded for a specific question for a few students. If this is the case, follow the steps below:
- Enter your quiz, and click Results in the Administration block.
- On the Results page, click Responses from Administration block.
- Search for the student(s) that you want to change the number of points awarded for a question. Click Review attempt under their name.
- In the Review attempt window, locate the question that you want to override points for. Click Make comment or override points located under the question.
- Here, you can leave a comment and/or change the number of points awarded for the question. Click Save.