Why Can’t I Assign My TA as an Alternative Host?
When you are assigning someone as an alternative host for your meeting, you may encounter an error message along the lines of, “user is not a member of your Zoom account.”
To properly assign a UCSB member as an alternative host:
- Confirm that the email address you have entered matches the email address associated with that individual’s Zoom account.
- Have your TA (or whomever you wish to add as an alternative host) log into their personal Zoom profile page using the webportal: https://ucsb.zoom.us/profile
- Next, have them provide you the email address listed under Sign-In Email.
- Enter the email address that was provided to you in the Alternative Host text-box when scheduling or editing a Zoom meeting.
- Note: Alternative Hosts can only be users within the UCSB domain. That is, users with generic Zoom accounts or accounts hosted by a different university, cannot be assigned as an alternative host for your meetings.