Learn how to prepare Polls and use them during a synchronous Zoom session.
To Create Polls prior to a Meeting:
- Log in to your Zoom account on the UCSB Zoom web-portal login page.
- Navigate to the Meetings tab, find your meeting link, and then select it.
- Scroll towards the bottom of the page and look for the Poll section. Click on Add, found to the right.
- Fill out the Poll form. For a single meeting, you may create up to 25 individual Polls, each with a maximum of 10 questions per Poll.
- Click Save. You'll see your newly created Polls under the Poll section. Here, you can add more Polls, edit your existing polls, or delete them. Please note: Polls created are specific to the meeting they're saved under.
- Your polls will be available to use during your next Zoom session.
To Launch a Poll:
- During a live Zoom session, click on the Polling icon located on the Zoom meeting-controls bar.
- In the new window, click on the drop-down caret to select a pre-created Poll that the Host has prepared for the meeting.
- The Poll window will preview the set of questions that will be broadcasted to the participants. When you are ready to send the poll, click on Launch Poll.
- Note about editing Polls during a live session: Only the original meeting host can add or edit polls during a meeting. Additionally, any changes must be made through the Zoom web-portal (clicking Edit will launch your web browser).
- Note about using Polls on mobile devices: Participants on the iOS or Android mobile app can use polling, but the host will need to be using the desktop client to manage polling.
- When a Poll is in-progress, the Polling window will display: the eclipsed time, a breakdown of the submitted answers, percentage of total participants voted, and an option to end the poll.
- When the polling session is complete, you'll have the opportunity to Share Results of the poll, Re-launch the poll, or launch a different polling session.
- Notes about Polling Reports & Re-using Polls: If a poll is relaunched in a meeting, the poll report will only display the last poll occurrence. If you know you will need to launch the same poll twice and want both sets of data, consider creating a second poll with the same questions as the original to avoid re-launching.
To access Poll Reports:
- Once a meeting with a Polling session has concluded, you may download a Polling Report that will detail the results of the polls into a .csv spreadsheet file. Navigate to your UCSB Zoom account through the web-portal sign in page.
- Head to the Reports tab and select the Meeting option under "Usage Reports."
- In the next page, under "Meeting Report," make sure to select Poll Report as the "Report Type" option and set a specified date range to search through. Then click Search. Note: Maximum report duration is 1 month.
- In the search list, locate the "Polling Report" you'd like to access, and then click on the Generate link, on the right.
- The generated report will appear under the "Report Queue." Locate it and then click on Download.