Video owners control who can access their videos on GauchoCast by adjusting video permissions.
Anything that resides in "My Folder" will not viewable to the public unless the video is (a) moved to a different folder or (b) the permissions of that specific video are changed
Changing Permissions on a Course Folder
When you provision your course in GauchoSpace a corresponding folder for the course is created in GauchoCast. The course folder in GauchoCast automatically shares all content with students who are actively enrolled in the class on GauchoSpace. If you would like to change these settings
- Enter the Course Folder you wish to change
- Select the Gear Icon in the upper right hand corner
- Select Share on the left hand navigation bar
- Choose the appropriate option
- Specific people- users must be granted permission to view the videos in this folder. Students who are actively enrolled in the GauchoSpace course will automatically be granted permission.
- Anyone at your organization with the link- To access this video, users must have an UCSB email address and the full link. This video will not appear in search results. *note- this option is useful if you have students who are crashing the course, or if you would like to share your video with students/staff who are not enrolled in the course*
- Anyone at your organization- This video will appear in search results, and be viewable, by anyone with a UCSB email address.
- Anyone with the link- Anyone can view this video if they have the link, they do not need a UCSB email address. This video will not appear in search results.
- Public on the web- Not recommended as your video will appear in search results and will be viewable by anyone
Changing Permissions on an Individual Video
- Hover over the video you would like to share, select Share
- You may change who has access to this video here by selecting an option from the dropdown. Sharing options follow the same permission guidelines as folders
Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org