Once your video has uploaded to the GauchoCast server, there are some editing tools available to fine tune your videos:
- Login to gauchocast.hosted.panopto.com
- Navigate to the video you would like to edit and select it:
- Click Edit to the right of the selected video.
- Depending on what you’ve captured in your videos, the options to edit will vary. Here are some of your most commonly used editing options. Detailed instructions can be found below:
- Cut- -The cutting tool can be used to remove highlighted segments from your video. This is especially helpful if you would like to trim the beginning or the end of a video.
- Focus-- This tool is used when your video contains more than one captured video source (webcam feed + screen capture)
- Add Content- - This tool is used to add other content in the middle of your presentation
- Upload Preview Image- - Change the image that viewers see when the video is listed on Gauchospace.
- Click on the Cut icon, it will turn green
- Highlight the section you would like to cut
- Drag both ends of the highlighted section to adjust the segment you would like to cut
- Use the segment to see your changes reflected.
This tool is only available if you have 2 Secondary Video Sources (i.e. a document camera). When a student views a video with multiple camera feeds they will use icons on the bottom right side of the screen to watch different video sources. The focus tool will help viewers focus on the video source or importance.
- Click on the Focus icon, it will turn green
- Use your mouse to click and drag focus across the segment that you would like to “focus” on.
- In the picture below. S1 is the focus from approximately 10s-45s. S2 is the focus from 45s to the end
- To edit the length of time you would like to focus on a section, click and drag on either end of that segment.
- To delete a section which is currently being “focused,” drag both ends of the section together
Add Content- - Use this tool to add content to your video.
- This is the tool to add a quiz, clip webpage or video to your existing recording
- Click the Add Content icon
- Select an item from the menu