Panopto: Why use Panopto/GauchoCast for video hosting instead of other options
We have a viable cloud storage and distribution system in Panopto. This system is FERPA compliant, and provides additional features of students (i.e. note-taking, discussion boards). GauchoCast videos can be seamlessly distributed to students enrolled in your course using GauchoSpace. Our existing system is also tied into our captioning infrastructure if needed for DSP.
To use our existing system:
- Add the GauchoCast Block to your GauchoSpace site
- Turn editing ON
- Scroll down to Add a block and select GauchoCast
- Log into the GauchoCast site: https://gauchocast.hosted.panopto.com/
- Select GauchoSpace for the authentication process and log in with your UCSBnetID credentials
- Upload your video files to GauchoCast by way of the “Create” button
- click upload media
- Select your video file from your computer and upload to your personal folder on GauchoCast called My Folder.
- Wait for video to finish processing.
*note- this may take some time, larger files will take longer to process*
- Verify that your video has processed and is playable by clicking on the video title link.
- You can delete the original file from your hard drive if you are limited on space.