When creating activities on your course page that require group work, you will need the students to be able to view contact their teammates to organize their work. The Group Members resource can be added to your coursepage with settings to allow students assigned to groups to reference who their teammates are, and if enabled, their umail. "Group Members" is listed under the Resource section in the "Add a Resource or Activity" link. Follow the steps below to set this resource up on your course page:
1. Create your Groups and Grouping(s). You must have your groups in a grouping in order to use the tool. For information on how to create groups, visit this article: Setting up Groups, Groupings and an Assignment for Group Submissions
2. Apply the grouping to the Group Submission Settings in the settings of the Activity as well. View this article for a specific example for the Assignment Activity: Setting up Groups, Groupings and an Assignment for Group Submissions
3. To add a Group Members resources, click Turn editing on and click "Advanced tools on" (under the "Turn editing on" button).
Then click "Add an activity or resource" in one of your coursepage sections and select Group Members from under Resources.
4. Give the Resource a title that pertains to the Activity the groups were created for, then scroll to the Group Member section. The "Grouping setting" allows you to select which grouping of groups to display. The "Show groups" setting allows you to choose whether or not all groups are displayed to students or only the group that a student is a member of is shown to them. The "Show e-mail addresses" setting and decide whether emails are displayed for all groups or only the group a student is a member of.
* Please note that the ability for emails to be shown is contingent on the email address preferences in the student's personal profile (shown below).