When assigning group work, you may want students to be able to view who is in their group. The Group Members resource allows students assigned to groups to reference who their teammates are and optionally, their umail address.
The Group Members resource works best when:
- The Groups whose membership you want to display are in a grouping. For information on how to create a grouping, visit this article: Groupings: Setup.
- The activity (assignment, quiz, etc) is set up for Group Submission and the appropriate grouping is selected. For more information on how to set up group submission, visit this article: Group Submission Assignment.
Here's how to add the Group Members resource to your course site:
- Log in to GauchoSpace, enter your course site, and Turn editing on.
- Select the week/section block in which you would like the activity. Then, click +Add an activity or resource.
- On the All tab, click Group Members.
- Enter a title and short description.
- Scroll to the Group Members subsection.
- The Grouping setting allows you to select which grouping to display.
- The Show groups setting allows you to choose whether or not all groups are displayed to students or only the group that a student is a member of is shown to them.
- The Show e-mail addresses setting allows you to decide whether emails are displayed for all groups or only the group a student is a member of.
- Click Save and display.
Note: The ability for emails to be shown is contingent on the email address preferences in the student's personal profile: