GauchoCast enables the recording, editing, and distribution of streaming audio and video content on the web. The service provides for lecture capture with multiple inputs (e.g. lecture audio, synchronized PowerPoint/Keynote slides, document camera, demonstration camera) from any computer with the recording software installed. The service also allows faculty members to record their own in-office instructional podcasts for later online distribution.
The GauchoCast block creates a link to video resources saved on the UCSB Panopto recording platform. Panopto contains online folders where you will be able to upload your video recordings. The platform also allows you to assign viewing/editing permissions to instructors and students.
To create a GauchoCast block, you will need to follow the next steps:
1. Log in to GauchoSpace and go to the course page you want to add the block on.
2. Click on the "Turn editing on" button.
3. Navigate through the course's right menu and locate the "Add a block" section.
4. Select the "GauchoCast" option from the dropdown menu.
5. Log in to GauchoCast and go to the left menu and click on the "Browse" option. Search your course folder using the search box. Once you find your course folder, select the video(s) from the list to upload. In order to be able to use your completed recordings, make sure to upload your video to the correct course folder on GauchoCast.
6. Once you are on your course folder, you will see the list of video recordings that have been uploaded to the folder (and that will be visible through GauchoSpace).
7. If you do NOT have any video listed on your course folder, you can create or upload content. To do so, go to the "Creating/uploading videos to GauchoCast" section below for instructions.
8. Your GauchoCast block is now ready to go. You should be able to find your completed recordings there.
NOTE: If you encounter the following error "Error retrieving GauchoCast folder," please consult this document for steps on reprovisioning the GauchoCast block.
If you do NOT have any video listed on your course folder, you can upload or create videos by clicking on the "Create" button (located in the upper side of GauchoCast), and it will give you different options to create or upload your videos.
More Information about using GauchoCast can be found here