It is recommended that you save large multimedia files such as video, audio, powerpoint, or any combination of the three on BOX, Google Drive, or GauchoCast (for videos only) and create a "shared link" that you can provide to your students on GauchoSpace in a "URL", "Label" or "Page" resource. This ensured, students will be able to connect directly to the video file on BOX, Google Drive, or GauchoCast reducing performance or accessibility issues for your course on GauchoSpace.
You may adjust downloading and editing privileges under the "Share" settings of each host. See instructions for each platform below.
1. Log in to you UCSB Box account and upload your multimedia file or folder. Once uploaded, hover your mouse over the file or folder until the "Share" button appears. Click the "Share" button.
2. In the Share settings, click "Enable shared link."
3. To determine who has access, adjust the "People" setting by clicking the drop-down menu on the left. Choose from "People with the link" (anyone with the link can access); "People in your company" (ucsb account required); or "Invited people only."
4. To determine what users can do, adjust the "Shared Link" setting by clicking the drop-down menu on the right. Choose between "Can view only" and "Can view and download."
5. Click the "Copy" link button to copy the link in your clipboard. You can now paste your link into GauchoSpace page using URL, Label, or Page resources (Turn editing on>> Add Activity or Resource).
For more information, visit:
1. Log in to your UCSB Google account and go to your Drive. Upload your file to drive, if it was not already created using Google Drive products. Open the file by clicking "File," and then click "Share."
2. In the Share menu, click "Get a shareable link."
3. You will have the option to select who has access and what they can do with the link from the dropdown menu for permissions. Select your settings.
4. Click "Copy link" then "Done." You can now paste your link into GauchoSpace page using URL, Label, or Page resources (Turn editing on>> Add Activity or Resource).
For more information visit: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
1. Log in to your GauchoCast. Upload a video file or create a video in GauchoCast. Hover your mouse over the video file until the Share button appears. Click Share.
2. On the "Share" settings page, copy the link provided in the text box. Underneath "Who has access:" there is a drop-down menu with permission settings. Select one, then click "Save Changes" at the bottom.
You can now paste your link into GauchoSpace page using URL, Label, or Page resources (Turn editing on>> Add Activity or Resource).
For information regarding how to link resources from the web to GauchoSpace, click here.