To setup your Chromebook you will need your UCSBnetID@ucsb.edu and associated UCSBnetID password to login.
- Make sure your Chromebook is plugged in and press the power button.
- On startup, you will be prompted to select your language and Wifi network. You will need to login to your selected wifi network.
- From there you will be prompted to sign in with your UCSB Connect account.
- firstname.lastname@example.org and netid password
- Choose your profile picture.
Step by step instructions:
The Shelf is the access panel on the bottom of the desktop, you can pin your frequently used apps.
- To pin an app to your shelf, open the apps launcherthen two finger click the app you want to add, and select 'pin to shelf'.
- Less frequently used apps can be left in the app launcher
- Most Chromebooks have a small amount of local storage, so Cloud Storage is recommended.
- The University has Cloud Storage through both Box and Google Drive.
- Open the play store and search for 'Box'
- Select Box and click install
- Box can be accessed via ucsb.box.com or by downloading Box Drive through the Google play store.
- Google drive comes pre-installed and can be accessed through the apps launcher