The Instructional Support Team has created a new Remote Teaching Preparedness Survey that allows instructors to gather student feedback early in the quarter. Questions focus on access to technology, time available for remote learning, and preferred mode of communication. The template can be added to any GauchoSpace course site and you can make initial course adjustments based on student feedback. To use the template, you must first add a Feedback activity to your course page. The Feedback activity is a tool designed to receive participant feedback and implement surveys.
Add Feedback Activity:
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site. Click "Turn editing on."
- Select the week/section block in which you would like the mid-quarter feedback template and click "Add an activity or resource."
- Select "Feedback" and click "Add."
1. Add a Name: Give the Feedback activity a name (e.g., “Remote Teaching Survey”) and a description, explaining the purpose of the survey.
2. Availability: By default, the survey will remain open. Click "Enable" to set the open and close dates for the survey.
3. Question and Submission settings (Anonymity): The survey defaults to be anonymous and will not record students’ names or log their access, unless this setting is changed by clicking the "Record user names" drop-down menu.
4. After Submission: Add a message that the students will see when they complete the feedback activity.
5. After Submission: Add a message that the students will see when they complete the feedback activity.
- Click the "Template" tab.
- Choose “Remote Teaching Preparedness Survey”
- You will be asked “Are you sure you want to use this template?” Click "Save changes" OR if you have already added survey questions, choose “Append new items” then save changes.
You can delete questions that do not apply to your course or that you are not interested in feedback about.
- Click the "Edit questions" tab.
- Click on "Edit" for any question that you would like to customize or delete. Make changes and click "Save" question.
- To add additional questions, select them from the "Add question" drop-down at the top of the page.
- When you are finished editing questions, you may simply leave the module and return to your course.