Gradescope offers a variety of tools to efficiently grade and provide feedback on student work. Gradescope allows students to upload their work for grading as well as the functionality to grade handwritten work that has been scanned. It supports advanced features like OCR of handwritten assignments, AI-based automatic grading of scanned assignments, bubble sheet grading, and other features that make assignment grading easier and interactive. More information on about features available on Gradescope can be found here: https://www.gradescope.com/help
The following guides explain how to connect a Gradescope course to a course on GauchoSpace. Connecting Gradescope to GauchoSpace allows students to easily access Gradescope to submit assignments and for grades to be passed from Gradescope into GauchoSpace.
The following steps explain how to link a Gradescope course to your GauchoSpace course site. This allows for the GauchoSpace roster to be synced into GauchoSpace, linking assignments, passing grades to GauchoSpace and the ability to place a link to your Gradescope course on the linked GauchoSpace course site.
1. Login to your Gradescope account associated with your UCSBnetID.
2. Locate the course you want to link in Gradescope and click on the course.
3. Once in the course, click on Course Settings.
4. In the settings click on the Link button under Moodle Course.
5. In the subsequent pop-up window use the drop-down menu to select the course in GauchoSpace you want to link to, then click on Link Course.
6. After linking the Gauchospace course site, click on Update Course at the bottom of the Course Settings.
If you have already linked your GauchoSpace course site to your Gradescope course you can add a link on your course page in GauchoSpace for students to get to the course on Gradescope and submit their assignments. To do so follow the steps below.
1. On your course page turn Editing on.
2. Click on Add activity or resource for the section you would like the link to appear in.
3. Select the All tab and then click on the External tool activity.
5. Give the tool a name such as "Link to Gradescope Assignments" and select Gradesope from the Preconfigured tool drop-down menu, then click on Save and return to course.
Students will then be able to click on this tool on the course page and they will be automatically logged-into the Gradescope course page for the course and see the assignments that have been created.
The following steps explain how to link an existing assignment in GauchoSpace to an assignment in Gradescope. This will allow the grades given in Gradescope for the assignment to be pushed to the linked assignment in GauchoSpace. Students will still need to submit their assignments in Gradescope but linking the assignments will allow students to view their grades in GauchoSpace.
1. Login to Gradescope and open the course in Gradescope with the assignment you want to link to an existing GauchoSpace assignment.
2. In the course on Gradescope click on Assignments on the left side.
3. Locate the assignment you want to link and click on the three dots on the right side of the assignment and then on Assignment Settings.
4. In the assignment settings click on Link under Moodle Assignment.
5. In the subsequent pop-up window use the drop-down menu to select the assignment in GauchoSpace that you would like to link, then click on Link Assignment.
6. In the assignment settings click on Save at the bottom of the page.