Analytic Graphs can be accessed by adding the block with the same name or in the Administration block in the reports tab. Analytics Graphs provides six graphs (Grades Chart, Content Access, Number of Active Users, Assignment Submissions, Quiz Completion, and Hits Distribution) that help instructors assess student performance within the course. The graphs allow instructors to send messages to students according to their performance.
Access through Administration Block
1. In the Administration block for the course click on the Reports tab.
2. Click on the Analytics Graphs link towards the bottom to show the graph options.
About the graphs
1. Content Access: A bar graph is used to show which students have accessed resources on the coursepage and which students have not accessed materials. Select which activities or resources you would like to see access information for, then click on Build Graph
The activity or resource will display to line graphs, one in green for students who have accessed it and one in red for the students that haven't. Click on the red line graph to send a message to the students who have not accessed the specified module, students will each receive their own copy of the message as an email.
2. Number of Active Users: Two bar graphs are used to show the time of day students have typically accessed course resources and show what materials are being accessed during the course of a day (similar to activity logs). You cannot message students from this feature.
3. Assignment Submissions: This feature uses line graphs and bar graphs to show which users have submitted, submitted late, or not submitted an Assignment. You are able to turn specific graph elements on or off based on your needs. You may click over graph elements to quickly send an email to students who meet that criteria.
4. Quiz Completion: This feature uses line graphs and bar graphs to show which users have completed, completed late, or not completed a Quiz. You are able to turn specific graph elements on or off based on your needs. You may click over graph elements to quickly send an email to students who meet that criteria.
5. Hits distribution: This graph show what each user is accessing on the coursepage during the course of a week. You cannot message students from this feature.