GauchoSpace allows instructors to view and manage users from a unified Participants page. To access the Participants page, hover over the This Course menu at the top of any page. Then, select People.
This takes you to the Participants page:
Here you can:
- Filter - Click Filters to open a tool that allows you to filter your participants by status, role, and/or period of last activity.
- Add Users and Manage Groups - Click Add a user to add a UCSB or non-UCSB user. Click Manage groups to create and manage manual groups in the course.
- Change User's Role(s) or Group(s) - Easily change a user's role or group. In the row associated with the desired user, select the pencil icon in either the Roles or Groups column to make a change to the respective property.
- Active and Suspended Students - The Status column shows a user's current status in the course.
- "Active": the user is currently enrolled and an available user in the course.
- "Suspended": the user was at one time in the course, but is not present any longer. This is the status that is displayed when a student drops a course. Their data and information is maintained in GauchoSpace to mitigate data loss. For example, if a student dropped after submitting assignments but then re-enrolled, their previous assignments and grades are retained. Suspended users are not shown in the gradebook.
- Review and Change User Status -
- Click the "i" icon for details about the user's enrollment method (whether they were added manually or auto-enrolled by GOLD).
- Click the gear icon to update details of the user's enrollment including start and end date. Note, it is not recommended to manually adjust enrollment information for students that sync with GOLD.
- The trashcan icon allows for a student to be manually unenrolled from a course. Note, you will only see this option for manually enrolled users. There will not be this option for students who sync from GOLD.