Sometimes instructors may want to allow indirect student access to certain resources/activities without provoding a direct link from the main coursepage. Here are a couple of examples in which instructors would want accessible content to be hidden from students on the main course page:
1. An instructor may want students to access content through hyperlinks elsewhere in the coursepage (i.e. in a page) in order to reduce unnecessary clutter on the main page.
2. An instructor may wish to embed access to resources/activities in a lesson, to ensure that students view this content in a specific order.
In earlier versions of Gauchospace, Activities/ resources on the main page could never be hidden from students while still allowing access. The Spring 2019 update to Gauchospace, on the other hand, gives instructors this capability by following these simple steps:
1. In the upper right-hand corner of the page, select turn editing on.
2. In the edit menu for any activity or resource, select hide.
3. In the same edit menu, select make available.
4. Open the activity or resource, and copy the page’s URL to your clipboard.
5. Open the activity or resource in which you would like to embed the hidden activity.
6. Highlight the text that you would like to serve as a link to the activity/resource and click the the hyperlink tool.
7. Paste the URL.
For more information, please see the relevant Moodle documentation for Stealth Activities