A Question2Answer (Q2A) Forum is a special kind of forum that allows course members to post questions to others and to influence the answers using a voting system. This can be used to encourage students to ask questions and receive direct answers from others. The most popular questions appear at the top of the forum.
For information on other types of forums, please see the Forum Reference Guide.
Here is how to add the Q2A Forum activity to your course site:
- Log in to GauchoSpace, enter your course site and Turn editing on.
- Select the week/section block in which you would like the activity. Then, click +Add an activity or resource.
- From the menu, click Question2Answer Forum.
- Enter a name and description for the Q2A Forum
- The settings allow you to decide how students can ask and vote on questions and how points are awarded. You can also enable anonymous posting via Anonymous usernames. Note: These points are not entered into the gradebook. They only exist within the Q2A activity.
- Click Save and return to course at the bottom of the page.
Here's how students can post and answer questions in the Q2A Forum:
- To ask a question, enter the Q2A Forum and click Ask a Question.
- To answer a question, click answer at the top of the question. Existing answers will appear. You can add a new answer and/or vote on existing answers:
Here are some benefits of the Q2A Forum activity:
- It also allows for interaction in a different way than a traditional forum.
- Q2A forums can be set up to award points for different ways that users interact, thus incentivizing participation.
- The Q2A forum type allows anonymous usernames.
Here are some limitations of the Q2A Forum activity:
- Although points can be awarded for interactions, these points are not recorded in the gradebook.
- Q2A Forum activities do not record logs and there is limited record keeping regarding student interactions. As a result, we do not recommend this activity for grading purposes.