Go to the MathWorks Matlab Answers page.
Once you have launched the MATLAB activation client:
- Select "Activate automatically using the internet."
- Log into your MathWorks account.
- Select the license from the list of licenses you would like to activate.
- Confirm the activation information.
- Click "finish" to complete the activation process.
Campus and Individual Licenses:
1. Open MATLAB (If the license has already expired the activation client will launch and you can skip the next step)
2. Navigate to Help Menu and select Licensing
3. Click on Activate Software
4. Choose to Activate using Internet
5. Once reactivated you will need to restart MATLAB before the new license file is recognized If the installation has already expired, you will be prompted to activate when attempting to launch MATLAB. As long as the activation finishes successfully it will roll over to the new license file once the old one expires. You might continue to see the expiration warning in MATLAB until the old file expires.