Assignment submissions may be downloaded to your computer simultaneously into one .zip folder for offline grading.
To do this follow the next steps:
1. Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
2. In the Activities block click Assignments, then click on the name of the assignment (or, click the name of the assignment from the main course site page).
3. Click View all submissions.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Under Options, the Download submissions in folders option is turned on by default. Leaving this option checked means each submission is put into a separate folder, the folder structure kept for any sub-folders, and files are not renamed.
Note: If you will be downloading only single file submissions from each student, and do not want to click into separate folders to access all the files, you will want to uncheck this option - this user preference will be remembered for all assignments. However, this feature is particularly useful if you would like to upload more than one file as feedback to your students.
5. At the top of the page, click the Grading action drop-down menu and choose Download all submissions.
6. This will create a .zip folder with the assignment submissions wherever you have your computer set to store downloaded files. Depending on if you have the Download submissions in folders preference enabled, your .zip folder will either contain all files in one main folder, or will contain the files housed in sub-folders (a separate folder for each student).
It is also possible to download all submissions organized by groups/sections. This is useful when a TA wants to only download their students' submissions.
To do this:
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- Enter the assignment.
- Make sure the assignment is set to separate groups or visible groups by going clicking on Edit settings. Under Common Module Settings, change Group mode to either Separate groups or Visible groups.
- Click Save and display.
- Click View all submissions.
- Using the Groups drop-down menu (directly under Grading action), select the group of assignments you would like to download.
- In the Grading action drop-down menu at the top, choose Download all submissions. This will download a .zip file containing the submissions from within a particular group.