If you have sections or manually-created groups in your course site, by default activities will be set to "Separate groups" under the Common module settings so that you can sort the submissions and grading by these groups. This is usually necessary for allowing TAs to easily grade their own sections.
Should you need to change or adjust this setting:
1. Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
2. Click Turn editing on.
3. Click on the name of the assignment to enter it.
4. In the Administration block (within the assignment), click Edit Settings.
5. Under Common module settings near the bottom, change Group mode to Separate groups or Visible groups. In this case, either group setting works. There are other instances where the group setting you select will effect how students can interact with the activity and its content.
6. Click Save and display.
7. Click the View all submissions button.
8. At the top left corner, use the Separate or Visible groups drop-down to filter assignments by section/group.
9. If you want to download all submissions for a particular section/group, first select the group from the drop-down, then use the Grading action menu above and select Download all submissions. For more help with downloading submissions, visit: downloading all assignment submissions.
10. For assistance entering grades visit: how to grade an assignment.
Visit the Setting up Groups and Groupings help page.