The Choice activity allows instructors to quickly assess student opinion about a single topic. The following are scenarios in which you may want to use the Choice activity:
- You want students to select from a list of possible readings.
- You want to conduct a small, informal poll of student opinions.
- Log in to GauchoSpace, enter your course site and Turn editing on.
- Select the week/section block in which you would like the activity. Then, click +Add an activity or resource.
- Click Choice
- Provide a name (required) and enter an optional description.
- In the Options subsection, enter your Choice answer options. You also have the option to:
- Allow students to change their choice after submitting
- Allow students to choose more than one answer
- Limit how many students choose each answer.
- Availability: Change the time period when the Choice Activity is available.
- Results: Change the visibility and anonymity of results.
Viewing and downloading the results of your Choice activity:
- In your course's GauchoSpace site, find and click on your Choice activity.
- In the Choice Administration block on the right hand side, click View Responses.
- Download the results in ODS, Excel and a text format.
Other GauchoSpace Activity Options
- The Group Choice activity allows students to enroll themselves in a group within a course on GauchoSpace. The teacher can select which groups students can choose from and the maximum number of students allowed in each group.
- For multiple question surveys or for more detailed feedback, consider using the Feedback tool: Best Practices: Creating a Survey.
The Scheduler Activity is recommended for situations where:
- You want students to indicate the class session in which they will deliver oral presentations, facilitate in-class discussions, or take notes as class historian.
- You want students to sign up for a meeting (office hours, instructor-student conferences, etc.).