If you are a regular Microsoft Office user, you have several options for using Office with Box.
1. Microsoft Office Online allows you to make quick edits to documents in the browser without using the computer Office software. You can also use Office Online to co-author a document in real-time, or edit simultaneously with another person. We recommend using Chrome for Office Online.
2. Box Edit allows you to edit or create files directly on Box. Designed for all file types, browsers, and platforms, Box Edit uses the default application (like Office) installed on your computer to edit or create simple and centralized content. A new 'version' of a the document will then be saved to Box.
3. Microsoft Office Integration (Box for Office) allows you to save directly from Office products to Box. Right from within Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on desktop and mobile, you can:
- Open files from Box, with easy access to recently accessed files and folders
- Save files to Box, even with documents from your desktop
- Access Box options directly from the ribbon in Office apps
- Generate Box shared links and control their permissions