On December 16, 2016, a major update to GauchoSpace was performed, updating the core software from Moodle 2.8 to 3.1. Visit the GauchoSpace Roadmap and Recent Updates page to learn more about past updates to GauchoSpace.
Winter 2017 instructors: if you have already created your course site(s) on the previous version of GauchoSpace, there will not be any changes to the structure or layout of your site, but you will notice added features for some activities.
- Gradebook performance improvements: These changes will improve the speed of deleting, editing and grading students in course sites with more than 500 students. When making a modification to the gradebook that will alter the calculation of grades, you will now see a "recalculating grades" progress bar.
- Dashboard and Grades: You will now find all of your courses listed on the Dashboard. In the User menu, there is a new Grades link for students and instructors. Instructors, the Grades link will show you the courses you are teaching and provide links to their gradebooks. Students, the Grades link will show your grade in all courses you are enrolled on one page.
- The Dashboard (Home page) has a simplified look and a new embedded calendar block, highlighting important UCSB Dates and registration pass times.
- Simplified Edit Menu for Sections brings together all of the tools you need to edit a section/week in all formats, including the new delete section setting.
- New assignment grading interface: The new grading interface will make it easier to annotate PDF submissions in GauchoSpace while grading, to grade and provide comments and notify your students that you have graded their work. There will still be the option to download submissions and return feedback to students.
- New quiz question types including: select missing words, drag and drop into text, drag and drop onto image and drag and drop markers.
- Forum Improvements allow you to pin a post, students to post without an editing delay and the ability to post the same message to all groups when using separate or visible groups.
- Lesson Improvements including the support for separate and visible groups, ability to add date and time extensions for users and groups, and user and group overrides.
- Download Files Block: Now a default on all sites, this block will allow users to download all files on a course site or by week.