The "Select Missing Words" question type uses drop-down menus in the text. This question type provides students with a list of possible terms to fill in the blanks.
- After selecting the "Select Missing Words" question type, give the question a descriptive name to help you find it in the question bank. Students will not see the name.
- Add your text in the editor, using any formatting you wish. Use double square brackets '[[n]]' with a number in place of the word you wish the students to find.
- Add the missing words or phrases in the numbered boxes in the Choices section. The answers for each groups that appears at the top of the list must be the correct answers for which students will receive credit. You may add extra choices for each group by adding additional choices and selecting the corresponding group number. Check the box for "Shuffle" to randomize the display order.
- The student will see a drop down menu with the corresponding selections for each blank.
- Only items in the appropriate group will display in the drop down menu of each blank.