The following instruction pertain to getting a network connection within LSIT supported buildings. If you are in a building that is not supported by LSIT please reach out to your local computer support staff for assistance.
*These instructions do not apply to network connections within residence halls, for information on ResNet, please visit the following page:
To get connected to the LSIT network you need to complete a few simple steps:
- Get your computer's Ethernet Hardware Address (see below)
- Submit a Networking Request Form to LSIT.
- Set your computer to DHCP (Mac) or Obtain an address automatically (Windows). Most computers are set to DHCP by default.
How to Find the Ethernet Hardware Address on your Computer
Using Mac OS:
- From the Apple Menu, choose System Preferences
- Under Internet and Wireless choose Network
- Select Ethernet in the left-side menu
- Click Advanced… in the lower right-side corner
- Select Hardware
- Ethernet ID is the MAC Address. (ex. 00:aa:bb:22:de:fg)
Using Windows 7/10:
- From the Start Menu, type or choose Run.
- Type cmd and press Enter
- In the command line interface window, type getmac /v and press Enter
- The Ethernet Address is a 12-digit number(can include A-F) divided into 6 pairs, e.g. 00:11:BB:33:44:55.