Connect/Google Apps has a web-based client that allows access to all of the features of Connect: e-mail, contacts, and calendar.
- Point your browser at www.connect.ucsb.edu/gwa to sign into Connect Google Web Access (GWA)
- For the Email field, make sure to enter UCSBnetID@ucsb.edu.
- If you have activated two-factor authentication ("2FA") on your account, you will also need to enter the verification code about every 30 days. For more information on 2FA, go here.
- By default it brings you to your Inbox
- For other apps, such as Contacts, click on the Apps icon
at the top right of the window and select other apps.
- or Calendar
- You can configure your signature and other options by clicking on the Gear icon
and select Settings. Under the General tab, scroll down to the Signature: section and enter the text you would like at the bottom of each outgoing message. A few sections below that is the Vacation responder: section where you can enable an auto-reply for times that you are out of the office.
- In Settings, under the Labels tab and then under System labels, make sure that Show in IMAP is checked for All Mail. If you will use a desktop client as well as GWA, please refer to the FAQ, "What are the ramifications of using both the Google web app and a desktop client to access Connect/Google Apps?"