Fall 2008-Spring 2011 GauchoSpace Access Ending -
October 15, 2016 October 31, 2016
On October 31, 2016, we will remove access to the Fall 2008 - Spring 2011 GauchoSpace course sites. The following quarters' sites are affected: Fall 2008, Winter 2009, Spring 2009, Summer 2009, Fall 2009, Winter 2010, Spring 2010, Summer 2010, Fall 2010, Winter 2011 and Spring 2011.
Only materials (files and activities) will be backed up for saving or imported into your Restore Project Site. User information such as participant names, activity submissions and grades will not be restored or retained in your backup or "preserved archived site." We do not bring over user data since there is the possibility that it would add unique users without identity credentials. If you need to have a record of grades, please see this help page for assistance on downloading grades as an excel file for your records.
There are two options to save your content from past course sites:
- Option 1: backup your course sites and save to your personal Box folder for future use.
- Option 2: submit a "preserve archived site" request for immediate access to a project site with your materials.
Option 1: Backup your course sites
For this option, you will save your course sites on your computer, which you can then upload to Box for secure storage. To learn more about Box, visit the Collaborate Box page and click on the link in "Get Started."
- Log in to the 2008-2011 archived GauchoSpace server and enter your course site.
- In the Administration Block, click Backup.
- In the archived server, the backups are organized by activity and resource type. It will not include user data. Uncheck the items you want to exclude from the backup.
- At the bottom of the page, click Continue.
- Review and at the bottom of the page, click Continue. If you missed something, you can go back by clicking Cancel.
- The next page will show what was backed up and should state "Backup completed successfully" on the bottom. Click Continue to see the files that were backed up.
- WARNING: If the file size is over 256MB, please contact us via a help ticket: Help Ticket. While you can download the file you will have problems uploading them in the future to a course site.
- If the file is under 256MB, click on the file name to download to your computer. After you have saved this zipped file to your computer, you can upload to Box or save in an alternative storage space.
NOTE: The backup will be in a .zip format that when unzipped will hold all of the course files and assignments. If you check all boxes, when this zipped file is restored into a course site, it will organize the activities and resources into the same layout as your archived site, including labels.
Option 2: Preserve a Fall 2008-Spring 2011 course site in a project site
Those that wish to save the content, can submit a "Preserve Archived Site" request and we will move all of the materials (resources and activities) to a site on the current server, which you can use to import into future course sites.
- Find the link for each previous course site you would like to preserve on the 2008-2011 archived GauchoSpace server and copy the links.
- Go to our Project Site Request Manager (will require GauchoSpace log-in): Project Site Request Manager and make a new request. Please select "Preserve Archived Site" from the Type of site drop-down. You can type n/a in the "Estimated number of users:" text box, paste the link to your archived site in the "URL to the archived site (or n/a):" text box and add any additional information to the "Please provide a reason...." text box. The project site name will include "preserve archived site" and the name of your course site.
- Repeat step 2 for each new "preserved archived site" you need.
- For more information on project sites, visit our Project Site Request Manager help page.
Note: Other archived course sites, Archived Sites from Fall 2011-Spring 2015 will continue to be available.