- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- Click Turn editing on.
- In the upper right corner, toggle the 'Advanced tools' switch to 'ON' to enable Advanced mode.
- Select the week/section block in which you would like the wiki, click Add an activity or resource, and select OU Wiki.
- Provide a name for your wiki*.
- Under the General menu, choose the type of wiki--one for the entire class, one for each student, or one for each group of students--by clicking on the Sub-wikis dropdown.
- Under the Grade menu, choose whether or not you would like this wiki to be graded. If you choose to make your wiki a graded activity, it will appear in the Grade book.
- If your wiki sub-type is one wiki per group, access the Common module settings menu. If you would like your students to be able to see each others' wikis select Show from the Visible dropdown menu and Visible groups from the the Group mode dropdown menu. If you do not want your students to be able to see each others' wikis select Hide from the Visible dropdown menu and Separate groups from the the Group mode dropdown menu. Finally, if you have created groupings and you choose one, then the group option works with the chosen grouping. It will ignore groups in other groupings.
- Click Save and display at the bottom of the page. You will be brought to a screen asking you if you would like to create your wiki's start page.
*These are basic instructions for adding a wiki to your course site. More details about the different options and features of the OU wiki activity may be found here: