Final grades for the quarter are submitted in eGrades, a program of the UCSB Registrar. Additional pages on submitting can be found on the Registrar's General Staff and Faculty Resources Page.
Since grades can be calculated in GauchoSpace, the instructions below provide information on formats for uploading your grade file into eGrades. Please note, you will need to finalize your gradebook calculations and come to a final Course Total for this method to be effective. See our Gradebook Setup documents for more assistance.
Uploading Grades into eGrades
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the Administration Block, click Gradebook Setup.
- Click the Export tab. This will take you to the default tab (Excel) to export.
- De-select everything but the Course Total.
- Under Export format options, uncheck Real and check Letter. Note: Letter grades are required for eGrades. These will be assigned based on the scale defined in the Letters tab of the gradebook.
- Click Download.
- Open the spreadsheet you downloaded from GauchoSpace gradebook in MS Excel or another desktop spreadsheet application.
- Delete the first five columns of the spreadsheet: "First name," "Last name," "Pronouns," "Username," "Email address." This action will match the spreadsheet to eGrades' required format: Enroll Code, Perm Number, Grade, and Units (if this is a variable unit course). Note: If you course has a variable number of units, you will need to add and input that column manually.
- After you have made these changes, save the file as as a CSV (.csv, Comma Separated Values) and return to eGrades to import the grades.
- From the eGrades screen where you would normally input course grades manually, click the button for Import Grades.
- Click Import Legacy File, select the file, and proceed with the import and grade review process.