For any blogging activity, it is recommend that you use the OU Blog. When setting up the OU Blog, you are given the option of giving a grade in the settings. If you choose to grade the blog posts, you can assign a grade to each student for their posts and comments in the blog.
The following are instructions on grading your students.
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the Activities block, click on OU Blog. This will take you to a list of all of your OU Blogs on your GauchoSpace course site.
- Open the OU Blog that you need to grade.
- Click on Participation by user. On this screen you will see a list of your students and columns for numbers of Posts and Comments the student submitted and a column for Grades. The Details link associated with each student will show the body of their posts and comments.
- There are two ways to grade the posts and comments:
- To grade while viewing the Posts and Comments made by each student:
- Click on the Details link next to a student's name. You will be taken to a screen with their Posts, Comments and User Grade. Under User Grade you will see a dropdown for Grade. After selecting the grade from the Grade dropdown, click "Save changes." You will return to the User Participation screen and you can select the Details for the next student.
- To Grade from the User Participation Screen:
- For each student, use the dropdown in the Grades column to select their grade. If you want to view the Posts and Comments made by the student, click on the Details link next to the student's name. It is recommended that you either open the Details in another window/tab or click Save grades at the bottom of the screen prior to navigating to the Details screen. If you do not, any grades you have changed will not be saved.