If you want to drop a number of the lowest grade items from a category when using the default natural aggregation, each of the items in the category must have the same value. If you add an item of a different value to the category, or change the value of an item, it will remove the drop the lowest setting from that category.
You are able to add 'drop the lowest' to a category by accessing the settings for the category and inputting the number of desired items you wish to drop. For example, if you don’t want to count the two lowest quiz scores, you can edit your quiz category settings to drop the lowest 2 items.
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the Administration block click Gradebook setup.
- For the category that you would like to set 'drop the lowest', under the Actions column to the right of the category name, click the Edit drop-down, then click Settings.
- In the Drop the lowest field, set the number of items you would like to drop.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.