Note: Since the gradebook will automatically adjust the weights to add up to 100, you should only set your weights once you have all of your grade items (or your categories) created.
Using the default Natural aggregation method, you can easily adjust weights for grade items or categories:
- Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
- In the Administration block click Gradebook setup.
- Click the check-box in the weight column and enter the desired weight (out of 100).
- Repeat these steps for each of your grade items or categories.
- Click Save changes.
What does it mean to adjust weights?
- Weights are used in GauchoSpace Gradebook to reflect different values or contributions of various assignments in a course. For example, if an instructor wants a midterm exam to contribute less to students' final grades than the final exam for the class, the instructor would weight the final exam differently than the midterm exam.
- For more information on grade calculations, click here.