If you are using the category setting Exclude empty grades, you will generally want to insert zeros for any assignments or activities that were not completed by students.
The easiest way to insert zeros for an assignment or activity is by using Single view in the gradebook.
1. Log in to GauchoSpace and enter your course site.
2. Click on Gradebook Setup in the Administration block.
3. Click on the View tab at the top left and then on the Single view sub-tab. Then use the Select grade item... drop-down menu to select which grade item you would like to insert zeros for empty grades.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
6. Check the Perform bulk import box and leave 0 as the number set to insert. Click Save.
Note: If you have a lot of students, you will need to do this for each page in Single view.